Top ten things that Expats find odd about Switzerland
- Young children walk to school without adult supervision
- shops are closed on Sundays
- the bewildering array of religious holidays
- no car washing on a Sunday
- cars actually stop at pedestrian crossings
- there are no smoke detectors in apartments
- smoking is allowed on railway platforms
- most apartments share a communal washing machine
- parking spaces are tiny!!
- apartments are rented out unfurnished, not even light fixtures nor curtain rods are provided
What do YOU find odd about Switzerland?